Exemplary imprisonment request for Thodex founder Faruk Fatih Özer!

Esmeralda

Super Mod
Super Mod
Jul 17, 2023
In the fraud case against Faruk Fatih Özer, the founder of Thodex, the prosecutor asked for the defendant to be imprisoned from 12,142 to 40,462 years.
Faruk Fatih Özer, the founder of the crypto money exchange Thodex, was brought to Turkey from Albania on April 20th and arrested. Anatolia 9. The trial of 21 defendants, 7 of whom were in pre-trial detention, including Faruk Fatih Özer, continued at the High Criminal Court. While Özer and 5 other defendants were brought to the hearing from the prison where they were detained, some of the complainants were present in the hall with their lawyers.

In the opinion of the public prosecutor, it was stated that in the database of the Thodex platform, the asset balance identification was made to the accounts in question, which did not actually exist and was not transferred to the crypto money Wallets, and that the asset creation and asset deletion operations with the authority of the administrator were carried out by the defendants Faruk Fatih Özer, Rana Azap, Serap Özer and Ergün Acar. It was reported that asset deposits and write-off transactions started in 2018, and the other period in which it was concentrated was June 2020 and April 2021.

In the opinion, it was noted that Faruk Fatih Özer was the founder and top manager of the company, that the accused Güven Özer was the elder brother of Faruk Fatih Özer, that he was the manager number 15 of the company database, and that the accused Serap Özer was the brother of Faruk Fatih Özer and the number 14 manager of the company database. It was stated that the defendants acted with the intention of defrauding customers, it was clearly understood that Thodex was a criminal organization and the total damages of 2 thousand 27 victims were 257 million 862 thousand 432 TL.

In the opinion, it was requested that Özer be tried with a total sentence of 12 thousand 142 years to 40 thousand 462 years in prison for the crimes of “Establishing and managing an organization with the purpose of committing a crime”, “Fraud by using information systems as a tool of banks or credit institutions, fraud of merchants or company executives and cooperative managers” and “Laundering the value of assets resulting from crime”, and that Özer be acquitted of 5 victims. Sentences of varying degrees were sought against the other defendants
The bench adjourned the hearing.

From the indictment;

An ex officio investigation was launched on April 22, 2021 by the Anatolian Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office following a tip that users could not access their accounts on the crypto money exchange Thodex and that the owner of the company fled abroad. The indictment includes 2,027 complainants. The 21 defendants, 6 of whom are in pre-trial detention, including Faruk Fatih Özer, are facing prison sentences ranging from 12,164 to 40,562 years each on charges of “establishing and managing an organization with the intent to commit a crime,” “fraud by using information systems as a tool of banks or credit institutions,” and “laundering the value of assets of merchants or company executives and cooperative managers resulting from fraud and crime.”

WHAT IS THE THODEX CASE?

The investigation into the Thodex scam, which caused many users to be victims last year, was launched in April. According to the information obtained, within the scope of the investigation that has been ongoing since then, information about the money traffic of the crypto money exchange, the operation of the system and the process leading to the profiteering was consulted. According to the statement made by the Chief Prosecutor’s Office, while information was obtained from the relevant institutions by requesting a report, the indictment was prepared for 21 suspects.

Thodex founder and CEO Faruk Fatih Özer, who is accused of being the founder and director of the organization, was asked to be imprisoned for up to 40 thousand 562 years for three different crimes. The founder of the exchange is charged with forming and managing an organization, laundering the value of assets resulting from crime, and qualified fraud. The prosecutor’s office has also uncovered an organizational chart in its investigation into the crypto exchange. In addition to Faruk Fatih Özer, who was accused of being the leader of the organization, 7 suspects were accused of being the leaders of the organization and 13 suspects were accused of being members of the organization.

According to the data, the amount of emphasis made by the stock exchange is 356 million TL
As a result of the meticulous research conducted by the Financial Crimes Investigation Board (MASAK), which examined Thodex’s database, on each transaction, it was determined that the amount of the emphasis was 356 million TL. In addition to these, as we have previously reported as parofix.com, the biggest crime committed using crypto assets in the world was the Thodex fraud in Turkey. More than $2 billion was defrauded of nearly 400,000 people in the Thodex scam.

HE PLEADED NOT GUILTY

Faruk Fatih Özer said in his defense, “The allegations in the media and in the indictment are unfounded. I didn’t scam anyone. I had started a company, and my company was hacked. This is how I started my Trading life by doing e-commerce. Our first purpose of establishment was to do e-commerce. Engaged in e-commerceCryptocurrency caught my attention. Then I saw that I would make a profit thanks to my social circle and I turned the company in this direction. I started mobile transactions with the software developers I recruited. My whole life was intertwined with the digital world to establish a crypto money exchange. When I looked at the competing companies, I realized that they were lacking and I decided to grow in this area. Together with the software developers in my company, I present the purchase agreement I made in the software company. On 14.09.2017, I established a coin company in Şişli with a paid-up capital of 100 thousand liras. I also present my certificate from the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce. Users who entered the Thodex site were presented with clarification text. It was determined that the person was the right person with the identity information of the people who were members of the site and the desired image. The site was bought and sold from the system behind the site. When users gave buy and sell transaction orders, the system would take them to the list order and then take commission money on each transaction.”

Özer went on to explain how the background departments of the site worked. Fatih Özer stated that the defendants Cem, Ergün and Can did not have the authority to make decisions on the company and said, “All decisions taken on the company belong to me. My sister Serap Özer did not have any authority in the company. The company has no authority other than me. Thodex’s transactions with the bank were done automatically. I was sending the transactions made on the company to the banks in the form of an excel table by checking myself every week. I was the only one doing this to avoid Security vulnerabilities. I want my employees to be remembered as a black mark on our legal system for 2 years.”

parofix.com

• Kiss
Reactions: TrustSwap