Coinx

Super Mod
Super Mod
Crypto News Squad
Dec 23, 2020
parofix.com
”defi-news”

ZkSync Hyperchain Sophon Raises $60 Million Through Node Sale

Entertainment-focused zkSync hyperchain Sophon raised nearly $60 million in less than a week after it started selling nodes.

According to the announcement sent CryptoPotatoThe $60 million raised will be added to the $10 million raised a month ago in a funding round led by several leading crypto firms, including OKX Ventures, huobi Ventures, Spartan and SevenX.

Sophon Raises $60 Million

Sophon, a modular blockchain leveraging zkSync’s hyperchain technology, is designed for applications in high-throughput industries such as artificial intelligence and gaming. Co-founded by zkSync’s former head of decentralized finance and popular Crypto Twitter person Pentoshi, the semi-anonymous Sebastien is expected to launch in Q3 2024, along with the zkSync Hyperchain toolset.

Sophon’s founders have offered for sale 200,000 nodes configured in multiple layers. They wanted to raise approximately $60 million in wrapped ether (weth) and did so in less than a week after sales began.

Once zkSync enables proof of authority for hyperchains, node owners will be allowed to run the Sophon sequencer and contribute to the decentralization of the network. They will be rewarded with SOPH, Sophon’s native token.

“Sophon Hyperchain is committed to developing a fun, efficient and safe playground that uses ZK technology for AI, gaming and more, and its team’s track record positions it as the leading Hyperchain in the zkSync ecosystem. “There are also several projects planned to launch on the network,” the Sophon team said.
SOPH Airdrop Requirement

With the launch of Sophon, SOPH will be distributed to users through a unique airdrop. Market participants will need to stake their crypto assets to receive their SOPH allocations. Assets to be stacked include privacy-focused Beam Network’s native token BEAM and gaming platform Zentry’s native asset ZENT.

Commenting on the funds raised so far, Sebastien said: “When I decided to start Sophon, choosing ZK Stack was a no-brainer. I know the product inside and out compared to other Stacks on the market. It’s all about building tomorrow rather than yesterday, and I believe it will be evident in a few years when we look at the design and infrastructure choices Matter Labs has made. “I will continue to work closely with the amazing Matter Labs team.”
SPECIAL OFFER (Sponsored)
Binance Free $600 (CryptoPotato Exclusive): Use this link to register a new account and receive a special $600 welcome offer on binance (full details).

LIMITED OFFER 2024 for CryptoPotato readers on Bybit: Use this link to sign up for Bybit Exchange for free and open a $500 BTC-USDT position!

”defi-news”

#ZkSync #Hyperchain #Sophon #Raises #Million #Node #Sale