Why is my Coinbase account under review and what information do I need to provide ?

Ruby

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
I recently signed up for a Coinbase account, but it's been under review for over a week now. I'm not sure why it's taking so long and I'm getting worried that I might not be able to use the account. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm not sure what kind of information Coinbase needs to complete the review - do I need to provide verification documents or is there something else I should do? I'm a bit confused and any help would be greatly appreciated.

THETA

Super Mod
Super Mod
Jul 9, 2023
What is Coinbase Account Review?

Coinbase is a digital currency exchange that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital currencies. Coinbase is required to comply with applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which it operates, including anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing laws. As part of its compliance program, Coinbase conducts reviews of customer accounts to ensure that customers are properly identified and that their activities comply with applicable laws and regulations.

Why Coinbase Reviews Accounts?

Coinbase reviews customer accounts to ensure that customers are properly identified and that their activities comply with applicable laws and regulations. Coinbase reviews accounts for a variety of reasons, including:

• To verify the identity of customers
• To prevent fraud and money laundering
• To ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• To ensure the security of customer funds

What Information is Required for Account Review?

When Coinbase reviews an account, it may require customers to provide additional information or documentation to confirm their identity and/or activities. This information may include:

• Government-issued photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport, etc.)
• Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
• Proof of source of funds (e.g. proof of employment, bank statement, etc.)
• Other documents related to the customer’s activities on Coinbase

Conclusion

Coinbase reviews customer accounts to ensure that customers are properly identified and that their activities comply with applicable laws and regulations. When Coinbase reviews an account, it may require customers to provide additional information or documentation to confirm their identity and/or activities. This information may include government-issued photo identification, proof of address, proof of source of funds, and other documents related to the customer’s activities on Coinbase.