What Programming Language Is Used for Smart Contracts ?

Tokenlon

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the world of cryptocurrency and blockchain, and I'm trying to learn more about smart contracts. I was wondering what programming language is used to create and execute smart contracts?

I'm also curious about what other tools are necessary to create and deploy a smart contract, and what challenges someone might face when trying to do so. Are there any specific challenges related to language choice, for example?

Any advice or guidance from experienced developers would be greatly appreciated.

David

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
Smart Contracts are computer protocols that facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract. They are usually written in a programming language such as Solidity, Serpent, LLL, or Mutan.

Bytom

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
What is a Smart Contract?

A smart contract is a computer protocol intended to digitally facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract. Smart contracts allow the performance of credible transactions without third parties. These transactions are trackable and irreversible. Smart contracts, blockchain, digital contracts, digital ledger technology.

What Programming Language is Used for Smart Contracts?

The most popular programming language used for smart contracts is Solidity. Solidity is a high-level, object-oriented, statically-typed programming language designed for developing smart contracts for the Ethereum blockchain. It allows developers to write applications that implement self-enforcing business logic embodied in smart contracts, which govern the behavior of participants on the Ethereum network. Other programming languages that are used for smart contracts include Vyper, Simplicity, Bamboo, and JavaScript. Solidity, Vyper, Simplicity, Bamboo, JavaScript.