What are the trading fees on Gemini ?

Carol

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm new to trading and cryptocurrency, and I'm looking to start trading on Gemini. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the fees are for trading on the platform? Are there different fees for buying or selling cryptos? Are there any other fees I should be aware of? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

HoloHoloHolo

Beginner
Jul 18, 2023
Introduction

Gemini is a leading digital asset exchange and custodian founded in 2014 by the Winklevoss twins. Gemini is a regulated and secure platform that allows users to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies. Gemini Trading Fees are an important factor to consider when trading on the platform. In this article, we will discuss the different types of fees associated with trading on Gemini and how they are calculated.

Types of Fees

Gemini charges two types of fees for trading: maker and taker fees. Maker fees are charged when an order is placed on the order book and the order is not immediately matched. Taker fees are charged when an order is placed and immediately matched. Both maker and taker fees are calculated as a percentage of the total trade amount and vary depending on the user's 30-day trading volume. For example, if a user has a 30-day trading volume of $1,000, they will be charged 0.35% maker fees and 0.25% taker fees.

Other Fees

In addition to maker and taker fees, Gemini also charges a withdrawal fee for each transaction. This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total withdrawal amount and varies depending on the type of cryptocurrency being withdrawn. For example, a withdrawal of Bitcoin is charged a fee of 0.0005 BTC.

Conclusion

Gemini charges two types of fees for trading: maker and taker fees. Maker fees are charged when an order is placed on the order book and the order is not immediately matched, and taker fees are charged when an order is placed and immediately matched. Both maker and taker fees are calculated as a percentage of the total trade amount and vary depending on the user's 30-day trading volume. In addition, Gemini also charges a withdrawal fee for each transaction, which is calculated as a percentage of the total withdrawal amount and varies depending on the type of cryptocurrency being withdrawn. Gemini Trading Fees are an important factor to consider when trading on the platform.