What are the fees for trading on Kraken Pro and how are they calculated ?

Delilah

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
I'm new to Kraken Pro and I'm trying to understand the fees for trading on the platform. I heard that Kraken Pro has some of the lowest fees in the industry, but I'm not sure how they are calculated. Can someone explain the fee structure and how it works? Also, is there any way to minimize the fees? I appreciate any advice or help from experienced traders. Thank you.

UniswapUnicorn

Beginner
Jul 18, 2023
Kraken Pro Trading Fees

Kraken Pro is a cryptocurrency trading platform that offers users access to a wide range of digital assets. Kraken Pro provides traders with a variety of trading options, including spot trading, margin trading, and futures trading. The fees associated with trading on Kraken Pro vary depending on the type of trade and the asset being traded.

Spot Trading Fees

Kraken Pro charges a flat fee for spot trading. The fee schedule is based on the maker-taker model. Maker fees are charged when an order is placed and not immediately matched by an existing order. Taker fees are charged when an order is matched immediately with an existing order. The maker and taker fees are calculated as a percentage of the trade’s total value.

Margin Trading Fees

Kraken Pro charges a different fee schedule for margin trading. The fee is based on the amount of leverage used and the length of the trade. The fees are calculated as a percentage of the trade’s total value.

Futures Trading Fees

Kraken Pro charges a different fee schedule for futures trading. The fee is based on the type of contract and the length of the trade. The fees are calculated as a percentage of the trade’s total value.

Conclusion

Kraken Pro offers traders access to a wide range of digital assets with a variety of trading options. The fees associated with trading on Kraken Pro vary depending on the type of trade and the asset being traded. Maker and taker fees are charged for spot trading, while margin and futures trading fees are based on the amount of leverage used and the length of the trade. Keywords: Kraken Pro, Trading Fees, Maker Fees, Taker Fees, Margin Trading Fees, Futures Trading Fees.