What are the fees for trading on Bitfinex and how are they calculated ?

Angela

Rookie
Jul 16, 2023
Hello everyone! I'm a new trader and I recently started trading on Bitfinex. I'm trying to understand the fees and how they are calculated but I'm having a bit of trouble. Can anyone help me out?

I know that the fees vary depending on the type of order you place, but I'm not sure how they are calculated. I know that there is a maker fee and a taker fee, but I'm not sure how they differ. Is there a way to see which fee is which and how much I am being charged?

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain the fees and how they are calculated so that I can make sure I'm getting the best deal.

Dai

Qualified
Jul 9, 2023
Fees for Trading on Bitfinex

Bitfinex is a cryptocurrency exchange platform that offers a wide range of trading services. It is one of the largest and most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, offering a wide variety of trading options, including spot trading, margin trading, and derivatives trading. The fees for trading on Bitfinex depend on the type of trading you are doing and the currency you are trading with.

Spot Trading Fees

The spot trading fees on Bitfinex are based on a maker-taker fee schedule. The maker fee is 0.100% for all spot trading pairs, while the taker fee is 0.200%. These fees can be reduced if you have a higher trading volume. For example, if you have a trading volume of more than 500 BTC in the past 30 days, your maker fee will be reduced to 0.075% and your taker fee will be reduced to 0.175%.

Margin Trading Fees

The fees for margin trading on Bitfinex are based on a tiered fee schedule. The fees start at 0.100% for the first tier and go up to 0.200% for the highest tier. The tiers are based on your trading volume and the amount of margin you are using. For example, if you have a trading volume of more than 500 BTC in the past 30 days and are using more than 5x leverage, your fee will be 0.150%.

Derivatives Trading Fees

The fees for derivatives trading on Bitfinex are based on a tiered fee schedule. The fees start at 0.075% for the first tier and go up to 0.175% for the highest tier. The tiers are based on your trading volume and the type of derivatives you are trading. For example, if you have a trading volume of more than 500 BTC in the past 30 days and are trading futures, your fee will be 0.150%.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the fees for trading on Bitfinex depend on the type of trading you are doing and the currency you are trading with. The fees for spot trading are based on a maker-taker fee schedule, while the fees for margin and derivatives trading are based on a tiered fee schedule. The fees can be reduced if you have a higher trading volume.