Iggy Azalea’s Meme Coin is three times bigger than Andrew Tate’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitTorrent

Crypto News Squad
Jul 10, 2023
”Crypto-Bits”

Iggy Azalea’s Meme Coin is three times bigger than Andrew Tate’s

In 2021, it seemed like every celebrity was involved in the cryptocurrency industry through non-fungible tokens.

Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and CryptoPunks were the hottest collectibles, and megastars like Eminem and Justin Bieber (to name just a few) were rocking NFTs as their profile pictures on Twitter (now X).

Three years later, it seems multiple celebrities are returning to crypto, this time through meme coins.

Iggy Azalea’s MOTHER Meme Coin

In late May, Australian model and rapper Iggy Azalea announced her own cryptocurrency.

The Ticked MOTHER token rebounded to reach an all-time high of $0.27, bringing it to a market cap of close to $300 million. It is currently trading with a market cap of approximately $150 million.

The coin sparked controversy and caught the attention of Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin. Sharing his thoughts on this topic and the broader celebrity meme money trend, he said:

So far I’m feeling pretty unhappy about the “famous experiment of this cycle”. […] Ashton and Mila’s Stoner Cats were far more dignified than anything we’ve seen in the 2024 celebrity meme money era; At least there was a real show funded.
Responding sarcastically to the statement, Azalea posted another meme, saying she was “just hungry.”

Andrew Tate’s Money

A while ago Andrew Tate said:

I will never start a crypto, I just like to fuck crypto Twitter. Because crypto Twitter is full of the biggest corrupt losers on the planet.
Plot twist: He actually launched his own cryptocurrency. Marking RNT and continuing the trend of annoying acronyms, RNT came to light a few days ago and is currently trading with a market cap of around $50 million.

Many other cryptocurrencies have been created alongside RNT, with Tate commenting:

“There are a lot of people asking me about all this chaos I created in the crypto markets while trying to bring down solana. Millions of tweets were sent today because of me and my stupid tweets, I made a complete mess. I’m sure some people have made millions of dollars behind my back…”
SPECIAL OFFER (Sponsored)
Binance Free $600 (CryptoPotato Exclusive): Use this link to register a new account and receive a special $600 welcome offer on binance (full details).

LIMITED OFFER 2024 on bydfi Exchange: Welcome reward up to $2,888, use this link to register and open 100 USDT-M positions for free!

”Crypto-Bits”

#Iggy #Azaleas #Meme #Coin #times #bigger #Andrew #Tates

Status
Not open for further replies.