How long does it take for deposits to be credited to my Gemini account ?

yearn.finance

Qualified
Jul 9, 2023
I'm new to cryptocurrency and wanted to know how long it takes for deposits to be credited to my Gemini account? I'm aware that the time frame depends on the cryptocurrency, but I'm not sure of the details.

Gregory

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
Overview

Depositing funds into a Gemini account is a relatively straightforward process, but it can take some time for the funds to be credited to the account. The amount of time it takes for deposits to be credited to a Gemini account depends on the type of deposit, the amount of the deposit, and the payment method used.

Types of Deposits

There are two main types of deposits that can be made into a Gemini account: fiat currency deposits and cryptocurrency deposits. Fiat currency deposits are made using a bank transfer, debit card, or credit card. Cryptocurrency deposits are made using a cryptocurrency wallet.

Fiat Currency Deposits

Fiat currency deposits are typically credited to a Gemini account within one to two business days, depending on the payment method used. Bank transfers are usually credited within one business day, while debit and credit card deposits are usually credited within two business days.

Cryptocurrency Deposits

Cryptocurrency deposits are typically credited to a Gemini account within 15 minutes. However, it can take longer if the blockchain is congested or if the deposit is sent from an exchange.

Amount of the Deposit

The amount of the deposit also affects how long it takes for the funds to be credited to a Gemini account. Large deposits may require additional processing time, while smaller deposits are typically credited more quickly.

Conclusion

In conclusion, it can take some time for deposits to be credited to a Gemini account. The amount of time it takes depends on the type of deposit, the amount of the deposit, and the payment method used. Fiat currency deposits are typically credited within one to two business days, while cryptocurrency deposits are usually credited within 15 minutes.