How long does it take for deposits to be credited to my BitMEX account ?

Giselle

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
I am new to cryptocurrency trading and I recently opened an account with BitMEX. I am wondering how long it takes for deposits to be credited to my account? I know that the processing time is different depending on the type of crypto I am using, but I am not sure how long I should expect to wait. Can someone with experience on this platform please provide me with some insight? I would really appreciate it.

Orville

Rookie
Jul 18, 2023
Answer

Deposits to BitMEX accounts are typically credited within a few minutes, depending on the type of deposit. For deposits made with a credit or debit card, the funds will usually be credited to your account within a few minutes. For deposits made via bank transfer, the funds may take up to three business days to be credited to your account.

Factors Affecting Deposit Time

There are several factors that can affect the time it takes for a deposit to be credited to your BitMEX account. These include:

Transaction Type: Different types of deposits will take different amounts of time to be credited. For example, deposits made with a credit or debit card will usually be credited to your account within a few minutes, while deposits made via bank transfer may take up to three business days to be credited.

Bank Processing Time: The processing time of the deposit will depend on the bank or financial institution that you are using to make the deposit. Some banks may take longer to process deposits than others.

Network Congestion: Network congestion can also affect the time it takes for a deposit to be credited to your account. If the network is congested, it may take longer for the deposit to be processed and credited to your account.

Conclusion

In general, deposits to BitMEX accounts are typically credited within a few minutes, depending on the type of deposit. For deposits made with a credit or debit card, the funds will usually be credited to your account within a few minutes. For deposits made via bank transfer, the funds may take up to three business days to be credited to your account. It is important to keep in mind that there are several factors that can affect the time it takes for a deposit to be credited to your BitMEX account, such as transaction type, bank processing time, and network congestion.