How do I use KuCoin's OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order feature for advanced trading ?

Status

Qualified
Jul 10, 2023
Hello all,

I'm new to trading and recently came across KuCoin's OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order feature. I was wondering if anyone has experience using this feature, and could provide me with some insight on how I can use it for advanced trading?

I understand that OCO orders allow you to set two separate orders at the same time, and if one of them is filled, the other one will be cancelled automatically. Is this correct?

I'm also curious to know if there are any other benefits to using OCO orders that I should be aware of.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Camille

Rookie
Jul 17, 2023
What is OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) Order?

OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) Order, One-Cancels-the-Other Order, Advanced Trading

OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order is a type of advanced trading order that allows traders to place two separate orders (a limit order and a stop order) simultaneously. The two orders are linked together and when one order is filled, the other is automatically cancelled. This feature is especially useful for traders who want to limit their losses or maximize their profits when trading.

How to Use OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) Order on KuCoin?

KuCoin, OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) Order, Advanced Trading

Using the OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order on KuCoin is a straightforward process. First, log into your KuCoin account and select the trading pair you want to place the order for. Then, select the “Advanced” tab on the trading page and select “OCO” from the order type dropdown menu.

Once you have selected the “OCO” order type, you will be able to enter the limit and stop orders. You will need to enter the price and quantity for both orders. Once you have entered the information for both orders, click the “Place Order” button to submit the order.

When one of the orders is filled, the other order will be automatically cancelled. This allows you to take advantage of market conditions and limit your losses or maximize your profits.

Benefits of OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) Order

OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) Order, Advanced Trading, Benefits

The OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order is a great tool for advanced traders. It allows you to limit your losses or maximize your profits by taking advantage of market conditions. You can set a limit order and a stop order at the same time, and when one of the orders is filled, the other will be automatically cancelled.

The OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order also allows you to manage your risk more effectively. You can set a limit order and a stop order that will limit your losses or maximize your profits if the market moves in either direction. This type of order is especially useful for traders who are looking to manage their risk more effectively.

Conclusion

OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) Order, Advanced Trading, Benefits, Conclusion

The OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order is a great tool for advanced traders who want to limit their losses or maximize their profits when trading. It allows you to place two separate orders (a limit order and a stop order) at the same time and when one order is filled, the other is automatically cancelled. This feature is especially useful for traders who want to manage their risk more effectively. Using the OCO (One-Cancels-the-Other) order on KuCoin is a straightforward process and can be done by selecting the “Advanced” tab and selecting “OCO” from the order type dropdown menu.