British politician Zack Polanski hacked X to promote crypto scams – Parofix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathleen

Rookie
Aug 7, 2023
”crypto-news”

British politician Zack Polanski hacked X to promote crypto scams

Zack Polanski, a leading politician in the UK’s Green Party, has called on X (formerly Twitter) to stronger protect its users after his X account was hacked and used to promote a crypto scam.

It was reported that the Green Party deputy leader’s X account was locked before his profile picture and title were changed. Links were posted to an external site that apparently promotes a crypto scam.

“I want X to combat the hacks into my account and restore my access as quickly as possible,” Polanski said in a statement shared by the Green Party with The Record. said.

It said

X’s security practices came under fire after the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) claimed on Tuesday that X’s account had been hacked.

Google must reveal names of Irish politicians behind crypto scam ads

Read more: X account of crypto auditing firm CetriK was hacked

Crypto auditing firm CetriK’s X account was also hacked and posted fake warnings about crypto exploitation in an attempt to encourage users to click on a crypto-stealing link.

Polanski’s account was reopened shortly after he made the statement to the media outlet, but the account was not immediately under his control. At the time of writing, Polanski’s X account has returned to its normal state.

”crypto-news”

#British #politician #Zack #Polanski #hacked #promote #crypto #scams

Status
Not open for further replies.